Hi,

I'm new to both the App Engine and Python, so I may sound kind of
slow.

First, I'd like to use App Engine as an image store similar to S3.  My
website (running on a dedicated server) will let users upload images
to the App Engine via a Flash control.  After each image is uploaded,
JS will post a request to an App Engine page to resize the image and
otherwise manipulate the image.

I assume all of this should be fairly straightforward to do with App
Engine, is that right?

Seeing that I can run the Python Image Library on AE, why would I want
to call the AE Image API functions?  Doesn't PIL support may more
functions that I can also invoke from my web page?  For example, will
probably need to change the bit depth of each image to reduce the file
size.  Anyway, isn't the Image API redundant if you install PIL?

Thanks