Hi Brandon,

I quickly checked this, and I'm not seeing the behavior you describe.

It's possible some DNS resolver in between you and the Internet
(perhaps a cheap home DSL router) has cached one set of resolved
addresses for one name, and another set for the other. Perhaps for
whatever reason one of those sets in your case is running slowly?
(maybe they've been recently taken out of service, or enter Google's
network via an interesting route)

Try running nslookup or host from the command line, to see if both
names resolve to ghs.google.com, or the same set of IP addresses.

David

PS: your custom domain is setup to use CNAME ghs.google.com, right?

--
It is better to be wrong than to be vague.
  — Freeman Dyson