Thanks for the suggestions.

My aim was for the utility to be deployed by ClickOnce style
deployment, with a managed .NET client application, so that would rule
out wrapping the Python code. And aimed at non-technical users.

I assume the server APIs for Google App Engine application management/
deployment are undocumented as Google may change how they work, may
add/change restrictions or have more developer or deployment tools in
the works.

I suppose what I would really like is for a hybrid of Amazon DevPay,
Google App Engine Application Gallery and Android Market, to allow
developers to distribute/sell their lightweight (collaboration)
applications that run on Google App Engine, which get installed onto
client businesses own Google Apps/GAE environment. That would mean I
wouldn't need the deployment client utility at all! But I suppose that
sort of scenario might be a few years away from being practical for
Google to release, before the Apps/GAE platform matures. And aimed at
business, as I'm more focussed on exploring using GAE for business
than for consumer/social applications.

Many thanks.

Andy