Ian,

I'm using some open source code (Bloog) and I don't really understand
how it works. So I'll trust your cautious approach although I don't
quite understand why something would need to "keep counts of objects
in the datastore". Best not to meddle although I was hoping to clean
things up if I could.

Thank you for responding.
Krishna