I just implemented something like this, and while it ran fine on the
dev_server, I noticed that it defined in index.yaml a new index for
every observed number of items in the IN set.

Since I was approaching the 30 limit, and had other varying elements
of the query, this caused an explosion of defined indexes.  But
perhaps these indexes aren't really needed...

Have either of you tried running an IN query on the production server
WITHOUT this explosion of indexes?