I am also pretty green with GAE, but I think that the db Model Event
and the db model event are 2 different db models.

If they are 2 different models this would be why you are always
getting none when you read from it.  You would be able to see if you
have 2 in the console.

BTW - What is "None"?  I do not see that as a db Model option in the
Google doc.  It looks to me like you would want those to be strings.

Doug