On Mar 11, 6:06 am, mawcs <mwilliam...@williamsonclan.us> wrote:
> I'm having a helluva time trying to manage multiple user timezones in
> my Google App Engine application.

I have wrangled with time display for years, and my solution is to
store everything as a unix datestamp (time.time()). When the user logs
in, use a bit of javascript to grab their time difference, and store
it in the session. Then whenever you display a time, correct it by
their session time difference.

This isn't perfect - times are always correct according to the users
current time, but if they look at a time prior to daylight savings, it
is an hour out. But it works 99.9% of the time, no matter where the
user is based.

Email me off-group if you want an example of the javascript.