I used the tutorial for setting up App Engine on Eclipse and
everything is working, including the ability to run the GAE server
locally and to update the latest version to the web.  However, when I
update my app - the console window asks for the user name/password as
usual - but actually displays the characters for my password (instead
of the echo characters I'd like to get that shield my password from
view).

I'm running everything on Windows.  Does anybody know how to fix this
issue?  Also, does Eclipse log the console data.  I'd rather not enter
my password into the Eclipse console if it's saving it, without
encryption, on my local machine.

Thanks for your help!