----- Original Message -----
From: "Haoyu Bai" <divine...@gmail.com>
To: <google-appengine@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 11:58 PM
Subject: [google-appengine] Re: App Engine is Blocked by Chinse gov

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:51 PM, yobin <yyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am in Shanghai China, I can't visit any App Engine website now.
> My friend in Singapore can not visit too.
>
> So I think it is Appengine Server or DNS's problem.
> DNS cache poisoning or someone DOS-ing google DNS?
>

> D:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine>ping yiqichao.appspot.com
>
> Pinging appspot.l.google.com [72.14.203.141] with 32 bytes of data:
>
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
> Request timed out.
>
> Ping statistics for 72.14.203.141:
> Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Yes, change the IP that appspot.com resolve to may solve this. For
exmaple I switched to OpenDNS and it resolve appspot.com to another
address - cf-in-f141.google.com (74.125.19.141) and it can be accessed
now.

That's may not problem of GFW, but some Google server problem instead. Any idea?

I draw back my words( My friend in Singapore can not visit too), he can visit
App engine website now.
72.14.203.141 can be resolved in Singapore, but can't be  resolved in Chian.

I have no idea fore this, I hope Google can help us to solve these problem soon.