Any guidelines for how much logging we want to leave in our production
code?

specifically:

- is the overhead of debug logging significant enough to worry about

- is there an easy way to disable log messages below a certain level
  - do I need to do this in every script file, or is there something I
can do inside app.yaml
  - is this significantly less efficient than removing the log calls
(e.g. how fast does it short-circuit)

- do any of these answers change based on how active the app is.  e.g.
the log call itself may be efficient, but when the amount of data
being logged becomes large I could imagine that the infrastructure
code to clean up old records to free up space could be non-trivial and
have some performance impacts

thanks,
Adam