Here's some things to look at.

versionumber must be 0 when you fetch it, are you sure there is only
one instance of ManifestVersion,
and if there is supposed to be only one, why the call to
ManifestVersion.all(), you should just get the object by id or key.
(Have you confirmed that there is only one instance returned from all
() ?)
my guess is you have more than one instance