Very neat.. Thank you.

Just to clarify, can we use this for all API calls? Datastore too? I
didn't look very closely at the async proxy in pubsubhubub..

Asynchronous calls available on all apis might give a lot to chew
on.. :) It's been a while since I've worked with async function calls
or threading, might have to dig up some old notes to see where I could
extract gains from it in my app. Some common cases might be worth the
community documenting for all to benefit from, too.