having fun in a variety of areas:

 - email validation, the rabbit hole gets deeper; put some initial
validation in place, want to revisit later/soon for a better/more
complete solution(s)

 - i think the 'remember me' cookie design is reasonably elegant,
though could be worth sprucing up a little; check out how we
implemented (2 good links to other writings on the topic on the code
homepage below)

looking forward to getting to:

 - the issue of funny unicode characters in usernames --- cookie
interactions. whee!

inching forward here steadily, several features put into place with
new 0.1.4 version:

checks for valid email address,
minimum password length,
username not already used,
email not already used,
logs in new member when they create membership,

the code is coming together nicely.

use this code to jumpstart your next app (or tell me why it wouldn't
be of use to you ;)

check it out and let me know what your biggest needs are!

  http://www.adrianremembersme.com/

thanks,
adrian