So, I editing the django1.0/core/serializers/python.py file to have
the changes mentioned in Issue 70 for Google App Engine Helper, and
I'm not getting this error:

Installing json fixture 'data' from absolute path.
Problem installing fixture 'data.json': Traceback (most recent call
last):
  File "/home/sadohert/development/google_ae/leagr_patch/common/zip-
packages/django-1.0.2.zip/django/core/management/commands/
loaddata.py", line 116, in handle
    for obj in objects:
  File "/home/sadohert/development/google_ae/leagr_patch/common/zip-
packages/django-1.0.2.zip/django/core/serializers/json.py", line 41,
in Deserializer
    for obj in PythonDeserializer(simplejson.load(stream)):
  File "/home/sadohert/development/google_ae/leagr_patch/common/zip-
packages/django-1.0.2.zip/django/core/serializers/python.py", line
119, in Deserializer
    data[field.name] = field.validate(field_value)
  File "/home/sadohert/development/google_ae/google_appengine/google/
appengine/ext/db/__init__.py", line 1910, in validate
    'to a Blob instance (%s)' % (self.name, err))
BadValueError: Property data must be convertible to a Blob instance
(Blob() argument should be str instance, not unicode)

Could there be something wrong with my setup?  Otherwise I would think
there would have been many complaints about this issue already.