You have a limit of 250 times update a day. See your quota page near the bottom.

I had a problem too that not all the new static files where visible
after the upload.

That only happened when I did an update for the default version.
Now I alternate between two version numbers and only update the one
that is not the default.
And then make that the default
Now the new static files are always present.

Marzia told me that it should be possible to update the default version.