As mentioned above, you can't run C++ on GAE. If you can easily
convert your C++ to python (or java - it seems that will be supported
soon), you can run it on GAE. This may be a better idea than it seems
- I wouldn't expose a C++ app to the internet without doing rigorous
security testing to make sure it can't be fuzzed. Switching to python
prevents this whole class of exploits.

Otherwise EC2 is a good production-ready option that will allow you to
run C++ (and anything else). I wouldn't trust a production app to
Azure just yet.