On 30/03/2009, JoeM <joe.mansig...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi Everyone,
>
>  I am building a GAE application in which the content is stored in
>  Google Big Table.

You dont have access to Big Table. You have the Datastore. The two are
not the same, its just that the Datastore is implemented using Big
Table. (as I under stand it)

>  I am using the webapp framework with Django templating ( no other
>  Django use ).
>  What I do is to read content from the datastore and compose a page on
>  the fly rendering the data into a Django template.  The Django
>  template is completely agnostic to content.  I have put all the
>  intelligence in the datastore.
>
>  My questions are:  Can the Google Search indexing program look into my
>  datastore and index on this data?

No, nor should it.

> If this is possible what if
>  anything do I need to do to make this happen.
>
>  If the Google Search program could index my database this would be
>  most helpful to me.

Make web pages with your data and make sure it has links between
content so the GoogleBot can find all your pages. Google indexes URLs
(and the content on them)

You should also make a xml sitemap, which could help it find all your pages.

Maybe Google Base would also be useful. (but have to submit the data seperatly)

--
Barry

- www.nearby.org.uk - www.geograph.org.uk -