On Mar 31, 12:37 am, Chris Mohler <cr33...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Jillian <luying....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > App engine image library image functions are so meager. Does anyone
> > know of any pure python image processing libraries out there that
> > works with app engine?
>
> No, but please star this issue in the
> meantime:http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=38
>
> There is a mention of pypng near the bottom, but I have not explored that
> yet...

>From what the PyPNG people laughingly call "documention": "If you want
to actually process an image—resize, rotate, composite, crop–then you
should use PIL. This is simply out of scope for PyPNG."

My thought is that doing serious image processing in pure python or
any scripting language is such a horribly bad idea that you're not
likely to find good projects that do it.

As for metadata, EXIF.py looks promising; it seems to only support
jpeg and tiff though.