I am trying to create package for controls. Here is my folder
structure:

/controls
   items.py
   __init__.py

/controls/templates
   items.html

items.py has a Render method:

def Render():
    items_control_path = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__),
'templates/items.html')
    return template.render(items_control_path,{'items':items})

I am calling this method from root index.py, so it returns me html of
control:

from controls.items import Items
control = {'items':Items.Render()}  # I did some work around, so it is
ok to call Render method like this

Locally everything works great. However if I deploy application it
gives me an error. It can't find items.html.

Here is my app.yaml:

- url: /controls/items
  script: controls/items.py

- url: /controls/templates/(.*\.html)
  static_files: controls/templates/\1
  upload: controls/templates/(.*\.html)

If in browser I go directly to /controls/templates/items.html template
is showing up, so file is there.

I think packages are deployed some how different then static files, so
path is not correct.

I don't want dump controls and pages in the same root folder. Is there
any solution for a problem?

How I can reference static template files from modules in packages?