Hi,

Can't you just pass the additional parameters also along in JSON
format? If you are using the paging by key the bookmark can be pickled
and converted to JSON format.

I have not tested or used it with any of the below suggestions,

1. try the normal picked object.
if that does not work
2.
http://ajaxian.com/archives/json-pickle-serialize-your-complex-python-objects-to-json

If your question was how to parse JSON in python, Django framework
comes bundled with simplejson and its included in the GAE SDK.

Thanks,
Arun Shanker Prasad.