I read a lot of posts about normalizing/denormalizing tables within
the BigTable architecture.
I understand BigTable does not support joins because of scalability
and performance.

However I'm wondering how I can solve the problem below.

I have a sime table containing meter reading per user. The table will
contain:
- Reference to user
- Date of Meter Reading
- Value

(1) Now what I want to collect is the average value per month.
E.g
- User1, 1 jan 2009, 1000
- User1, 1 feb 2009, 1100
- User1, 1 mar 2009, 1200
The avarage will be 100

But maybe the user misses registering the meter reading on 1 feb:
- User1, 1 jan 2009, 1000
- User1, 1 mar 2009, 1200
The average will still be 1200

(2) Next I like to get the average value per month over all users.

I guess the answer will be to store average values when creating (and
updaing existing) meter reading records.
But how should this be implemented?