Hi,

I come from another language and framework world, thus I am new to
python and gae so please excuse my ignorance.

I get this error when I call a method I added to a db.Model derived
class:

    c = Greeting.count + 1
    TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'IntegerProperty'
and 'int'

To reproduce that, I simplified my problem to modifying the HelloWorld
Greetings application. I added this to the Greetings class:

  # add a count property to the model
  count = db.IntegerProperty(required=True)

  # add a function that uses the count
  def inc_count(self):
    c = Greeting.count + 1

Then, in the sample code further down, in the class Guestbook,
function post(self), I replaced the first line (instantiation of a
Greeting) with this:

  greeting = Greeting(count=4)
  greeting.inc_count()

The call to greeting.inc_count() causes the error pasted above. Why is
that?

--
Mel T.