Using python appcfg.py works too, because python is in the execution
path (it is probably in /usr/bin/) and the python program takes a file
name as an argument.

- python appcfg.py says, run python and use this file as input
- ./appcfg.py says, execute this file. And the file starts with #!
pointing to Python which means: execute this file using python

So python ./appcfg.py, python appcfg.py and ./appcfg.py will all do
the same thing. As you can see there is more than one way to skin a
cat.

Happy coding,

Jeff