You cannot do this using Google App Engine.  You might be able to do
this using Google Apps; the people in the group you were referred to
should be able to tell you.

I'd say allowing you to add an appspot subdomain in Google Apps at all
was a bug; clearly you don't own the appspot.com domain and as far as
I know there's no Google Apps For Your Subdomain.  But again, that's
off topic for this group.