I am in the early stages of developing a new web application and
Google App Engine is looking very enticing. However, part of my web
application involves the use of Subversion as a component of the
overall solution. (Note: I am actually using a subversion repository
as part of the solution, not just hosting the app's code itself in the
repository.)  I was wondering if Google App Engine has any means for
the hosting of external programs? Given that Subversion is written in
C/C++, and not Java or Python, I didn't see any way to "run" it within
Google App Engine. With a cloud computing service like EC2, I can
install anything I want on a VM. But I don't see this capability with
Google App Engine. The subversion repository wouldn't necessarily have
to be hosted right next to my Google App Engine web application, but
the network connectivity between the two would need to be fast and
cheap. (Faster and cheaper than standard internet connectivity.)
Private, for-a-fee usage of google code hosting might be feasible in
my particular scenario, if this option is even available, but I am
also interested in the general answer to the question of: "I need to
be able to run application X written in language Y alongside my Google
App Engine web application. How can I do this?"

Thanks,
Ken