> Can you use Key (and User) objects in GWT?  If so, what module do you

Are you referring to AppEngine's Key and User object?
You can use the db.Key (
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/datastore/typesandpropertyclasses.html
)
and UserProperty for properties of a Model subclass if you want.

But a simpler way would be to use ReferenceProperty:

class ModelA(db.Model)
---

class YourModel(db.Model)
  modelAProp = db.ReferenceProperty(ModelA)
  userProp = db.ReferenceProperty()