Hi AppEngine team,

First of all, i would like to say that you all did a wonderful job by
fixing the issue/downtime in appengine on Apr 20 2009, 06:30 AM PDT so
fast. This job is really appreciable.

There were a few glitches tough.

I would like to know about two things -

1. What was the cause of the issue? Sure, if the AppEngine team is
ready to share. If this was because of some issue in one or more of
the apps, is there something we (the developers) can do to prevent
it ?

2. What are the chances that this issue _might_ come up in future -
near or distant ?

I am planning to add a layer to the datastore get/put that will
centrally manage all read/write operations in my app. if anything
fishy goes around, it will display some human readable error and
gracefully halt the application for time being.

Thanks
Pranav Prakash