Hi Dieter,

As you've noticed, the server does not allow your app to specify the
content-encoding header.

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/webapp/responseclass.html#Disallowed_HTTP_Response_Headers

I recall an earlier question about pack200-gzip encoding, would you mind
filing an issue in the tracker?

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/list

Thank you,

Jeff