Can you explain this further?  I don't see any reference to key_name
in the sample code.

More importantly, to me, what's the cost differential between using
string representation of keys and key_names?  I've been passing around
key_names to the browser because they're shorter, under the assumption
that the cost to get the corresponding key on the server side was
negligible.