These are odd issues. I haven't run into this myself or heard from others
with this problem, but you may want to cross-post in the GWT discussion
forum to see if anyone else has experienced something similar. If this is
only happening for the one project, then I would create a new project and
abandon the first -- hopefully it was just a fluke. If it's happening for
all new projects, you may want to try re-installing Eclipse and/or the
Google Plugin for Eclipse.

- Jason