Hi Vijay,

You can try the following database model.

class FoodAndAll(db.Model):
  name = db.StringProperty()
  parent = db.SelfReferenceProperty()

In my view, this class does all your needs. The class has two
properties
1. Name
2. Reference to Parent Class
3. Other optional things

So, for the bottom level entities (those who are sub-category of a
category), the "parent" will refer to the category.
This will go on. It is not at all necessary for a parent to know his
child, but it is necessary that a child knows his parents. This is how
things will proceed here. I think this Model is best suited for you.

For searching, you can do whatever you feel like. Now you have just
one Model, one attribute (name). Use judiciously.

There is no SMS API.

Cheers,
--
Pranav Prakash