If you're looking for an appspot.com domain, which all App Engine
applications are served from, then you'll need to register for and sign into
App Engine and try registering a new application:

http://appengine.google.com

Before you can create a new application, you have to specify an application
ID, which then becomes your subdomain (e.g. example.appspot.com). There's a
button to check whether a given application ID is available before you
register it.

For general domain availability, I recommend a hosting provider website like
http://www.godaddy.com/.

- Jason