You will need to create a Folder entity
It will need to know it's children, and you will need to support
some form of url traversability to walk the folder heirarchy.

I am doing that with zope3 components on gae

Django doesn't normally do url traversing, but has a regex match to
method

Do you really need a folder heirarchy, have you gone down  that path
because you are just trying to
replicate a filesystem, with out really needing those semantics ?

If you really want this sort of functionality you might want to look
at repoze.bfg it is just been
made useable under gae (and is zope 3 based though much simpler) and
does support inherintly
the notion of url traversal over an object model/graph

Rgds