Here is a quick tutorial:
 1. start with adding gadgets by url to google sites
2. next, create a hello world gadget using this:
http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/gs.html#Scratchpad
3. next, learn how to publish that hello world gadget
4. next, add an iframe to that hello world gadget
5. finally, add the url to your gadget to your google sites.

It sounds like you could use help on adding gadgets. This is covered
best by the google sites help group and forum, but you can also start
here:
http://sites.google.com/site/gsunhelp/step-by-step-guides/buildinggadgetsforgooglesites