Hello,

I am thinkting about using Google Base API to establish keyword based
search for my application.

After reading through the docs I am pretty sure this could work out
quite well :)

Does anyone have experience in that field? Is it the right appoach to
use Google Base like that (I know that's not the correct syntax):

<item RelatedMedia>
      <keywords>Summer, Sand, Beach, Sea</keywords>
     <key>hdk383kadj93ujdkl</key>
</item>

I want to query for one or more keywords which would give me matching
items.
The attribute "key" is the DataStore key for the actual media object I
want to present the user.

Furthermore I am confused how to establish authentication so my web
application can  insert/edit or delete items inside Google Base.

If I understand correctly I need to gather a request token via OAuth
or AuthSub and use this to
to to either make one request or to to gather a session token for some
more requests.
This makes sense if my application would access personal data like a
calendar or docs - but I want to store/retrieve only application data.

How can I prevent my application from authenticating all the time?
Isn't there something like an application-key to authenticate valid
requests (similar to Amazon-Database-Requests).