When you updated your files, did you change the version number in
app.yaml? If you did, you need to use the management console to make
the new version the default one. To do so, log in to the AppEnigne
Dashboard (appengine.google.com) and select the application in
question. Along the left-hand side, under 'Administration', there's a
'Versions' link. Click it. You should see a radio button for each
version that you have uploaded. Select the most recent one and click
the 'Make Default' button. Your changes should be live.