Hello Everyone,
    It looks like Model.get(keys) raises an exception (BadKeyError)
when the key does not exist even though it is not mentioned here
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/datastore/modelclass.html#Model_get.

On the other hand, Model.get_key_by_name(names) just returns None for
the keys that do not exist. If I understand it correctly keys and
key_names are not the same - i.e., i cannot use a key value inside the
get_by_key_name() call.. so how can i get data using key without
having to worry about determining which specific key was not valid?

I can create my own key names but I would like to use the default
uniqueness guarantee of the keys. If there is no easy way to deal with
this exception, is there an easy way to make the key_name same as the
key value provided by default?

In case you are wondering why the keys will be invalid: I am allowing
the users to bookmark certain objects.. so i store the key names in
the user prefs data... If the object referenced gets deleted then the
key information stored inside the userprefs will be outdated and when
they query for their bookmarks, it causes an issue.. I wanted to avoid
the whole process of going through every single user who may be using
the deleted key and remove  it real-time. so i thought i will just
handle it as a batch job...

Thanks!