Dear all,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for
creating neat aliases for each application to avoid the URL clashes
and clutter in my browser.

Ideally, I'd like something like http://myapp1/.$ to bind to localhost:
8080 and http://myapp2/.$ to localhost:8081. I have Windows 7 RC1 and
Apache 2.2. I've created entries in my hosts file for myapp1 and
myapp2 to point to 127.0.0.1 and created VirtualHost entries, but the
problem is that I'm either left with redirecting or rewriting the URL
which, in the end, doesn't mask me from seeing http://localhost:8081.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but I'd appreciate any
pinpoints!