Hello anjali,

It sounds like maybe you need to set up Google Apps for your domain.
The Google Apps cpanel is used to map your subdomain to your App
Engine app.

http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/domain/new
http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/static.py?page=setup_guide.html

Does this seem like it is the missing piece?

Thank you,

Jeff