hey there,

the other night I added a couple of indexes to an model that has
hundreds of thousands of entities.  I was pleasantly surprised when I
woke up the next morning to find the magic "serving" beside the new
indexes!  hooray!

this afternoon I was debugging some code and I discovered that the
created indices are pretty spotty.  they're downright bad actually.
it appears as though many many entities were not inserted into the new
index.  I don't have an accurate estimate of what percentage, but if I
had to guess I would say north of 20%.  not so good.

Here's one of the indices I added:

- kind: FacebookUser
  properties:
  - name: authorized
  - name: expired_fotm
  - name: last_nudged_at

authorized and expired_fotm are boolean, and last_nudged_at is
datetime.

so I'm sweeping through now and db.put()ting the whole collection of
these guys to get them added to the index.  hopefully this will fix
things.  but isn't that what is supposed to happen already when adding
an index?

Ben