The field is defined in a db.Model (from from google.appengine.ext) as
follows:

class MyTable(db.Model):
      dateTimeCreated         = db.DateTimeProperty(auto_now=False)

Code: Select all
        if XMLFIELDTYPE == "gd:when":
                XMLRESULTS = (XMLRESULTS + " SetDate");
           position = XMLVALUES.find(".")
           if position > 0:
              XMLVALUES = XMLVALUES[0:position]   #remove the
microseconds
           newdate = time.strptime(XMLVALUES, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S");
           setattr(OBJ,XMLFIELD,newdate);     # <---- This is the line
giving the error
           XMLRESULTS = (XMLRESULTS + " End:SetDate");

I'm getting this error in the "setattr" statement:

    BadValueError: Property dateTimeCreated must be a datetime

Based some previous ideas I was given, I want to dynamically build an
object from my db.model, I set OBJ as follows in the SAX startElement
method. (All the fields that are all-CAPS are global variables.)
Then I need to set all properites by parsing an XML file.  So this is
how I instantiated the OBJ variable:

           if attribute ==  "kind":
              kind = attributes.getValue(attribute);
              XMLRESULTS = XMLRESULTS + "TableName (Kind)=" + kind +
"<br/>";
              OBJ = dic[kind]();

Thanks in advance,
Neal Walters