From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appeng...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of J Keller
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:09 PM
To: Google App Engine
Subject: [google-appengine] Re: DeadlineExceededException - how to avoid?

That might help some, but according to the docs:

    A cron job will invoke a URL at a given time of day. A URL invoked
by cron is subject to the same limits and quotas as a normal HTTP
request, including the request time limit.

Unfortuantely, I don't think I can reasonably break my task down into
(20 or fewer) small enough pieces to not exceed that time limit.

I'll keep investigating other approaches, thanks Scott.

-J

On Jun 3, 11:17 am, "Scott Seely" <sc...@scottseely.com> wrote:
> You have access to cron jobs which can handle long running work.
Seehttp://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/config/cron.htmlfor
java,http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/config/cron.htmlfor
python.