I had similar problems with my datastore. At one point, after I added
a new index, all the indexes for my main model failed. I tried
vacuuming the unused indexes in index.yaml. This had the effect of
restoring some of my indexes on my main model but I still cannot do
others, and indexes for other models were also failing.

Next I tried vacuuming *all* my indexes, waiting until they were
deleted, then adding them back. This finally worked and I have full
access to my datastore and indexes.