Hi Tim,

It sounds like you need to detach the fetched entities so that they can
still be accessed once the pm is closed. You can configure JDO to do this
for you automatically using:

<prop key="datanucleus.DetachOnClose">true</prop>

Could I see your jdo config file? You might need to detach each member of
the result collection manually. At one point I seem to recall that the
entities had to be moved into a collection from the result set but I need to
confirm that this is correct. Also, this question might be better suited for
the Google App Engine for Java forum:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java

Thank you,

Jeff