I wrote up a prototype for an application in python and was porting it
over to django/app_engine. One of the main routines of my program
though is that it goes in and modifies user data. I know I probably
shouldn't write a view for this because nothing is being viewed (it is
entirely backend) so I am wondering how do i call a function to modify
data in the datastore w/o a view or w/o going to a URL. Or is it fine
just to use a view?

thanks