I have an object:

from google.appengine.ext import db
from Owner import Owner

class ImageFile(db.Model):
    owner = db.ReferenceProperty(Owner)
    caption = db.StringProperty()
    description = db.TextProperty()
    image = db.BlobProperty()
    date = db.DateTimeProperty(auto_now_add=True)
    public = db.BooleanProperty()

I have an update method within another class that has this import

from json import JsonReader

The image data gets updated via this post method on the class:

    def post(self):
       reader = JsonReader()
       currentUser = getCurrentUserOwner()
       tempImage = reader.read(self.request.body)
       if not currentUser is None:
           requestedImage = db.get(tempImage['key'])
           if requestedImage.owner.key() == currentUser.key():
               requestedImage.caption = tempImage['caption']
               requestedImage.description = tempImage['description']
               requestedImage.public = tempImage['public']
               requestedImage.put()

This is from an intro talk I gave on App Engine. If anyone wants the full
source, you can get it at

http://www.scottseely.com/blog/09-05-30/Chicago_Code_Camp_Slides_and_Source.
aspx (it's a short post, link is included!).