Hi all, I'm a very, very, very novice programmer, but I'm hoping to
learn quickly. Anyway, I'm interested in starting to develop webapps
and this place looks like a great place to start, especially since
I've had a dash of experience with python.

What I'm wondering is, let's say I have a stroke of genius and come up
with the next stumbleupon while working on a project that I use
google's app engine to develop. Is it going to be a problem for me to
make money off of if it's through googles app engine? I skimmed to TOS
but I'm no lawyer so it was very difficult to understand. Apparently I
give them a royalty free license to alter and modify anything I put
up, but at the same time they don't claim to own any of it. Confusing!
So basically, my questions is lets say 5 years from now I make
something which has the potential to make a ton of money, am I going
to be safe to retire or is google going to take all of it somehow?