As far as I understand it, this means that your mobile phone number
has already been used to sign up for an App Engine account and this
can only be done once. I can think of three possible reasons for this:

1) You already used your mobile phone to sign up for App Engine with
another Google Account (I read some people did have trouble because
they used their mobile to sign up for Google Apps and now they can't
use it for Google App Engine, so this may be a reason too)

2) When you bought your mobile, you didn't get a new number but an old
one that isn't used anymore (numbers are limited) and as it happens,
the guy who the number belonged to before signed up for Google App
Engine with it

3) it's a bug!

Hope that helps a bit while you are waiting for someone from Google to
tell you exactly what's wrong.