To clarify a bit:

one thread from our server runs one loop with a unique id.
each requests stores a value in memcache and returns that value. In
the following request, the memcache is queried if the value just
written, is in the cache.
This sometimes fail.

My fear is that it is due to the requests changing to another app
instance and then suddently getting wrong data.

instance 1 +++++  +++++
instance 2      --

Hope this clears out the example above a bit

Cheers
Kim