If I have two datastore object types, I'll call A and B, and A
includes a ReferenceProperty to B, then objects of type B will have a
back-reference property with default name a_set. Now if I just want
the size of some B object's a_set, I could call len(a_set). To execute
this, my understanding is that GAE will do a datastore query to
retrieve the relevant A objects and pass them to the len() function.
Since I don't need the A object contents, would it be more efficient
to set up my own Query object and call Query.count() instead?